Monday, August 22, 2011

Bike MS... I'm riding for Kate

Hey everybody,

The Bike MS (aka the MS150) is coming up and yours truly will be taking part. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to finally riding a 100 miles in one push. That will be quite the accomplishment for this former couch potato. However all the personal goals and accomplishments were recently put into perspective when my teammate and friend, James Taylor, told me that his wife, Kate Taylor, had been diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. James is a great guy and while I've only met Kate a few times, she seems wonderful, even more so now that she's a brand new mom! So I'm riding for Kate. Lots of folks in this world have a tough road to travel, I only hope that my small gesture can help make a difference. Please take a quick moment to read Kate's message and if you're feeling generous click here to donate.

And smile, life is precious.

Thanks,

My name is Kate Taylor. I'm 35 and a brand new mom. I also have multiple sclerosis. After several years of vague symptoms, I was finally diagnosed through an MRI in the fall of 2009. I immediately started injections which I was told later would not help my particular brand of MS which is primary progressive. This means that I will have an accumulation of disability with no remission periods. On the bright side however, it could happen very slowly. The most frightening part of MS is the uncertainty...all the "what ifs". Right now, there is no cure and those of us with this disease are in a constant battle to simply manage the symptoms and desperately try to slow the progression with treatments available.

My baby is almost 4 months old now and I can't deny that I am afraid what effect my MS will have on her life. Finding a cure for MS isn't for just the patients. It's for our kids, our families and all the people that love us. Your donation, however large or small, puts us one step closer to a cure.

To donate, click here.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Adam for what you are doing. Good luck on your ride!

    ReplyDelete