Sunday, September 11, 2011

Swope... and 10 years later

I tried to make the Colavita group ride but missed it by a few minutes, so we returned to base camp, re-grouped, and I headed for swope. With a coffee stop on the way. Spoke pony was the last time i rode my mtn bike so the going was a bit rusty, but it felt great.

Plus i'm getting the cross bike ready, which is nice.

It doesn't feel like 10 years since the attacks against America. I was at KU, in class, and didn't hear about any of it until both the towers were already down. The phone rang at my apartment and it was my roommates mom, i answered with a cheery "hello?" i think she could immediately tell i didn't know what had happened. I called my mom at work, the tv footage i had just turned on showed the towers still standing (must of been some sort of re-cap) so she had to tell me that they had both collapsed. Surreal. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I don't know what to say about the whole thing but thinking about it makes me want to be a better person.

It really doesn't feel like it's been 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment