Monday, August 26, 2013

Sedalia crit and Otterville road race

X and I made it out to the Sedalia crit and then the Sunday morning road race in Otterville, MO this past weekend. 

These are two great events. 

The crit takes place in Sedalia's historic downtown so thats a neat setting... and the road race takes place on quite roads with rolling hills and good pavement. 

The turnouts were decent but not as good as they should be. These races are awesome and u need to come do 'em. 

I doubled up for the crit and sat up with one to go in the 4/5 race due to minor blow up that turned into a major blow up after racking myself on a pothole. Felt much better in the 3/4 race and sprinted to 14th. 

I've done a lot of doubling up lately. When your in shape it's not that hard. I think I'm I'm shape. 

Did the 3/4 road race and once again cramps prevented me from participating In the sprint finish. The race was actually pretty easy but I always seem to cramp in road races and the extreme humidity didn't do me any favors. In years past it was my calf. This year it's been the thighs. 

X didn't race but was a feed some master, giving everyone and their brother fresh bottles.

It was a great weekend. Amy had one of her best races to date in the women's 4's and Mark was mixing it up in the 4/5 road race and took 3rd or 4th in the sprint for second place. 

I'm feeling strong for this weekends Gateway cup. Forecast calls for 4 days of 95 degrees. 



No comments:

Post a Comment