It's March 21st 2017. I'm 37. My son is two. My wife is amazing. Mostly.
I've been noticeably absent from the blog world.
Checking my blog history i see there were 6 posts in 2016. Thats down from the 16 i did in 2015 and the 23 the year before. Not surprisingly the posts per year have been shrinking since year 1. Not counting 2009 when this blog started (in November) I've averaged 54 posts a year but take out the first two years when i had nothing better to do and i've only averaged 30.
I still like blogging. I like having a record of what i was doing. I like looking back at a post in 2010, for example, and being reminded of that dude i rode by on Main St who was smoking a cigarette and we both said 'hi' as we passed each other. I like documenting things.
This new computer i'm typing on may help in that department. Or it may not. I guarantee no more than two posts a year.
As we speak i'm glancing at my 2016 posts. They are, in order...
- Urban Dirty race at Rozarks - Hello Travis Donn on fire and primed to head to the Cape Epic.
- Pot Pie Odyssey Ride - Hello industrial waste and mud, and a great ride.
- Gods Country MTB race - Hello pre and post race Bourgeois Pig stops.
- Last Years CX season - Hello the epitome of lazy blogging.
- Tour of KC - Hello first lap up the hill at Cliff Drive, goodbye to the peloton.
- Wyandotte MTB race/Topeka Road Race/Tour of Lawrence - Hello one good race out of 4.
I see i never blogged about Single Speed KC, which after two additions continues to be super hard and super tempting (i'm signed up for this year) and i also left out all of last years CX season of which i did 11 races and was almost good for a few of those.
If i feel like it ill revisit those in future posts. Or maybe ill leave this post and, like Robert De Niro in Heat hoped, we'll never see each other again. (That movie is seriously bad a*s).
In the meantime here is a crappy picture of my awesome son ringing a bike bell to tide you over...