Saturday, July 9, 2011

8am Saturday Colavita Ride

I love this ride. It leaves at 8, sometimes 9, from the 18th and Wyandotte st. Volker Bicycles location.

Just riding to the ride is great. I take Ward Parkway to the plaze and then jump on Broadway or Main and take take that all the way to the shop. Life is peaceful at 8am on a saturday.

X came along, she thinks were a bunch of goofballs, she's mostly right. I love it.

Apparently one of the newb's on the team, quite Brian, whose gone from a 5 to a 3 in his first season, was asking about how to do pace lines, ect. X was telling me about this and then she enlightened me on some paceline details, i learned some new stuff. I cant wait to put it into practice at a race, with the other folks who get dropped.


I had to ride my cross bike today since my road bike is in bad shape after the wet crit at last Sundays Tour of Lawrence. A quick note on last weekends Tour of Lawrence crit... i had the best warm up ever. It consisted of riding 1 minute to the Bourgeois Pig, drinking and espresso, riding 1 practice lap, and then racing. I felt fine. I think my new goal is to be in good enough shape so that i can skip the warm up and still race descent.

(Me at the tour of lawrence, it was waaay fun.)

I havent ridden the cross bike since January, it got me excited, but i still have unfinished business on the road. it's fun to go fast, you go fast on the road, it's fun on the road. I've improved on a road bike but so far none of my races have been great, so i've got my eye on Gateway cup, one great race and i'll be satisfied.

Chocolate milk and awesome 80's videos will get me there.


No comments:

Post a Comment