It's Monday morning and i have taken the day off from work to recover from the last two days.It was a busy weekend. Stayed in Friday night and watched Shawshank Redemption on DVD but starting Saturday morning things picked up.
Ate breakfast at Eggct. with the family (including my 90 yr old grandma) before making our way downtown for the KU basketball game at the Sprint Center. Xavier went off for 31 points. Grandma loved it.
I got in a bike ride after the game then met friends and had dinner at Gate's BBQ on Main st. Best barbecue in KC in my opinion. After that it was strait to Fred P. Ott's on the plaza to meet more friends, sit upstairs and play some Silver Strike Bowling... just like old times. Walking home at the end of the night was lovely.
Sunday morning came early and by 10am we were in the parking lot of Arrowhead Stadium cooking steaks the size of your head and celebrating a birthday. I always have a fun time out there even when the Chiefs lose, which they did. The half-time show was amazing, a little kid lead a Michael Jackson's greatest hits dance medley and absolutely killed it. It's a shame the stadium was less than half full because everyone in attendance loved it. He's doing a dance from "Thriller" in the below picture.
A nice weekend for sure.
- I was happy to see that Tim Johnson won Cyclocross nationals yesterday in Bend, Oregon (note KC's very own Shadd Smith in 55th place.) He won it two years ago when the race was in KC and i've always liked him.
- Great song and great video - Vega, 'No Reasons'
- Awesome song - Washed Out, 'You'll see it'
- The Sam Cooke tribute should have been a few days ago but - Sam Cooke, 'You Send Me'
- The Otis Redding tribute should have been a few days ago but - Otis Redding, 60 minutes clip
- I'll soon be putting video on this site, if i can figure it out.