Lindsay and I watched Point Break recently as well, and it definitely doesn’t hold up over the years.
I was thinking about how with the internet and all of the global communication these days, it would probably just take a simple google search for the gang to discover that Keanu’s quasi-famous character joined the police academy, and his cover would have been blown after the first day.
Bad Guy 1: “I’ve got a bad feelin’ about that Johnny Utah.”
Bodhi: “Nah, Johnny’s alright.”
Bad Guy 1: (pulls Blackberry from pocket and types for a moment) “Nope. His Wikipedia page says he’s a cop now. I bet he’s undercover.”
Bodhi: “Well, I’ll be damned. Alright, shoot him and dump his body in the ocean.”
The movie also got me thinking about Gary Busey, i absolutely love this guy so i thought i would share some interesting facts i recently learned.
- He attended Pitt State (in Pittsburg, Kansas) on a football scholarship.
- He was the last person killed on the long running tv show, 'gun smoke.'
- He had a bad motorcycle accident in 1988 where he wasn't wearing a helmet. He fractured his skull and doctors feared permanent brain damage. This explaines a lot if you've seen Gary Busey on tv, the dude is not all there.
- He want's to write a book of 'busey-isms.' That's his term for the creative acronyms he comes up with. Here are some examples...
- Gone: Getting Over Negative Energy
- Sober: Son Of a Bitch Everything's Real
- Here's video of - Gary Busey on Letterman, 1990